Burger King Mac N Cheetos Review

So I have been a little skeptical to try Burger King newest menu item, the Mac n Cheetos. It is cleverly marketed in a mini paper lunch box covered in giant Cheetos Puffs. I am not particularly a big fan of Cheetos, or fast food macaroni and cheese but I do like cheese sticks and I love anything with crunch.

After about a 5-7 minute wait in the drive thru, I eagerly dived right in. I was delightfully surprised that the piping hot orange stick filled with goo was so crunchy. The bland goo complemented the texture of the crunch.

That’s right I said bland. The macaroni and cheese reminded me of old school Kraft mac and cheese. It was mostly flavorless and dull, with a slight hint of artificial cheese that left a bitter taste afterwards. The deep fried Cheetos shell was equally unimpressive in flavor. Unlike its chip counterpart, it wasn’t salty or overwhelmingly cheesy. There was no sudden burst of flavor and it certainly didn’t coat my fingers with orange artificial powder. However, in an odd way, it worked.

For less than three bucks, this new menu item satisfied my cheesy craving and I did find myself munching away debating my own opinions.
3.5 stars

Comments

Popular Posts